Become a Volunteer!
"Why Should I Volunteer at the Waterworks Museum?"
We asked our volunteers for an answer to that question. Here are their 'Top 5 Reasons':
5. "Because it’s where getting all steamed up is a good thing."
4. "It's a reality check (…And you thought YOUR plumbing problems were big!)"
3. "You can get in touch with your inner steam-geek."
2. "You can learn more about Boston's Golden Age than anyone else you know (doesn't everyone love a smarty-pants?)"
1. "You have an insane urge to polish lots of brass."
Seriously, though, volunteers are crucial to the success of the Waterworks Museum. Do good and have fun at the same time - unbeatable! Through the efforts of our extraordinary volunteers, the museum is able to provide many quality programs and events throughout the year.
How Can You Help?
The Waterworks Museum volunteers give their time and talents to support the following activities:
- Facilitating tours in the Great Engines Hall
- Serving as Greeters in the Reception Area
- Helping out as Research Assistants in the Museum's Collections area
- Supporting special events and important activities that keep the Waterworks Museum moving forward!
Benefits of Volunteering at the Waterworks Museum
As a regular volunteer, you’ll enjoy:
- Invitations to special programs and lectures
- Museum parking pass
- Special get-togethers
- Special discounts
Become a Volunteer Today!
For more information about volunteering at The Waterworks Museum, please contact us via e-mail at
, or call 617-277-0065.
You can also download and send the completed Volunteer Application Form to:
Attn: Museum Services
2450 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02467
Thank you for your support of the Waterworks Museum. We look forward to meeting you!